Beth Baker's Fresh Fitness Perspective: Outrun the Zombies and Dismantle the Gender/Color Barriers of Running
In this episode of Think Fit Be Fit, Jenn begins a special series on finding fresh fitness perspectives on what is actually going on in the fitness industry. She speaks with Beth Baker, Certified Running Coach, Personal Trainer and Chief Running Officer of Running Evolution. Having personally coached almost 2,500 non-runners to run distances from 5Ks to marathons, Beth talks about aging and running, how giving yourself space to learn as you train allows you to extend grace toward yourself, and why movement can be the ultimate goal in your wellness journey.
- Beth’s background of training, group running and passion for community
- Why the media and the patriarchy create a mindset that only young people are runners
- Stories of runners in their 50’s and 60’s running 5ks, half marathons and marathons
- Body positivity and reshaping wellness objectives
- Non-typical body types in running
SUBSCRIBE: Subscribe to the podcast to make sure you never miss an episode.
You can find us on a variety of podcast apps:
Connect with Beth Baker:
Connect with Jennifer Schwartz:
Your best training is only a breath away! Our affiliate NeuroPeak Pro just released their one-of-a-kind training device for breath training, stress reduction, and peak performance. Learn more and purchase the NTEL Belt here!