Muscle Tightness Explained: Why Stretching Doesn't Work, part 1
Does muscle tightness seem to be a recurring issue for you? Have you been told to stretch more, only to find yourself feeling frustrated with little to no relief? The discomfort and restricted movement can be incredibly discouraging, but there may be more to the problem than meets the eye. In fact, overstretching and inefficient neural dynamics could be causing more harm than good. Don't let the pain continue without taking action. Join Jennifer Schwartz as she explores the deeper complexities of muscle tightness and equip you with the tools to improve joint health and improve your movement IQ.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Gain a new perspective on muscle tightness by looking beyond common stretching practices.
- Assess the repercussions of poor neural dynamics and harmful stretching habits.
- Understand the relationship between abnormal intra-joint mechanics and muscle stiffness.
- Appreciate the value of targeting root causes and repatterning in addressing muscle tightness.
- Focus on the critical necessity of joint mechanics education to maintain lifelong joint health.
Those of us who are interested in longevity need to be on that wavelength, that vibration of continuous growth, learning and improvement.
SUBSCRIBE: Subscribe to the podcast to ensure you never miss an episode.
Listen to Episodes of the Think Fit Be Fit podcast here.
Connect with Jennifer Schwartz:
Other podcast shows and resources to consider if you like this episode: