The Updated Way to Understand Pain with Jen DeLorenzo, PT
Today’s episode is a really important one. It covers a topic that affects someone you know or perhaps even you and it’s definitely something we are trying to avoid, which is chronic pain. Here are some statistics:
- 50 million Americans live with chronic pain
- Between $500 and 630 BILLION is lost annually due to chronic pain in America
- Patients experience persistent pain after routine surgery up to 50% of the time.
- 18% of women suffer from migraine attacks.
- Back pain is the leading reason for sick leave and early retirement in Europe.
- Back pain represents 27% of all types of pain.
- 34.6% of pain patients in Canada think of suicide.
- In N America pain accounts for 78% of all ER visits.
Meet Jen DeLorenzo a Licensed Physical Therapist, Certified Functional Manual Therapist, Therapeutic Pain Specialist, National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach. She is based in Alexandria Virginia and aligned with Jenn's in-person practice. Topics discussed
- A new way of working with Physical Therapy
- Pain as an experience, there’s so much more to pain than our biology
- How the environment that we are in can influence pain
- The 4 main pillars of health for the nervous system and pain
- Chronic pain information that most physicians don’t understand
- What nudging with pain means
Links of interest:https://drgominak.com/https://evidenceinmotion.com/people/adriaan-louw/https://evidenceinmotion.com/https://noijam.com/about-noi/https://www.instagram.com/theexercisedesignlab/https://youtu.be/gwd-wLdIHjshttps://medalerthelp.org/chronic-pain-statistics/ firstname.lastname@example.org 703-859-3415https://www.linkedin.com/in/jendelorenzopt/