Dr. Lauren Fisher discusses Fitness Goals and Psychology Informed Fitness
Dr. Lauren Fisher prepped for eight months to hike the Grand Canyon from rim to rim. The transformative and spiritual journey made her fall in love with movement again.
Jennifer invited Lauren to talk about this journey and how she learned that having a goal gives her structure and helps her discover her why. Lauren also talks about the importance of being psychology informed and how it plays out in your exercise.
- How Lauren trained to conquer the Grand Canyon
- How that experience showed her that having a set goal gives her structure
- The importance to be psychology informed
- Why the joy of movement is the ultimate goal
- What it means to be trauma informed and where to start to take that next step into health
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER: Dive deeper with us. Sign up here. We offer a unique view on muscles, portals to new ways to respect the body and health. Learning and ‘enjoy the process’ is a buzzy term. We take learning seriously and want to take our listeners on that journey with us and through us
SUBSCRIBE: Subscribe to the podcast to make sure you never miss an episode.
You can find us on a variety of podcast apps:
You can find Dr. Lauren Fisher at Wellness Junction Del Ray: