From Jazzer-size to Buns of Steel: Revolutionary Women in Fitness
In this episode of Peach Pit Fitness hosts Meredith and Jenn discuss the book ‘Let's Get Physical’, by Danielle Friedman. The book explores the history of women in the fitness industry and exercise culture. Jenn and Meredith reflect on their own experiences with exercise and discuss the pioneering women who helped reshape the world through fitness. They also talk about the power and impact of physical activity and the importance of finding a community that resonates with you.
- The crucial role of female-specific research in sports and exercise in advancing women's health
- How social media and fitness intersect with the concept of feminism
- The importance of finding a community
- Bonnie Prudden
- The power of nostalgia to provide insight and inspiration
- Evolving Fitness Through Feminism
SUBSCRIBE: Subscribe to the podcast to make sure you never miss an episode.
You can find us on a variety of podcast apps:
Connect with Meredith Mack:
Connect with Jennifer Schwartz: